Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Trip to Tennessee

A few weekend's ago I went visit my sister for four days. The meals were all pre-made for Keith, the house was spic and span and his work clothes were ready to go. So I was off for a girls weekend of spending money, eating awesome food and doing new things. Friday we went and ate at Souper Salad, a neat soup and salad buffet. Then it was off to a painting party at Gogh Paint N Party. The whole trip was planned around this event.
There was a group of 20 something women all in their late 20's to late 50's and one man. Everyone painted the same thing in the same colors except for me. I needed this to match my living room or else I had no idea where in my house it would hang so I changed it up a little bit with the help of our awesome teacher Leslie. The whole time we were painting she had fun music playing and we were all singing and dancing in our seats.

After the painting party we went to The Melting Pot for dessert. I had purchased a $10 gift certificate from restaurant.com for one dollar so we had a chocolate fondue dessert.


On Saturday, we woke up early did some yard selling and I got some great deals. Remember when I said our reindeer were stolen? Well, I was able to get two more at a yard sale for six bucks. I also got two cute and fancy skirts, a nice pair of black pants and a Bible dictionary cause if you ever tried to read the Bible you need some explaining ever now and then. Then it was off to a little bakery and the famous Kingwood Pharmacy. We spent over an hour looking around this store, I bought some new fuzzy slippers and some other little goodies. Then we had lunch at Taco Roc and drank Horchata for the first time and I had them write the recipe down for me I liked it so much. For dinner we went and ate sushi at Sushi Nabe again I had a $25 gift certificate that I paid two dollars for. I mastered chop sticks and ate a yummy squid salad. After dinner we walked over the famous Walnut Street Bridge and then had some coffee.

On Sunday we went to church and had lunch at Five Guys Burger and Fries. I don't think I have eaten there in the past but this place was so yummy. Even so yummy that I got some fries on the way home to take to Keith. We discovered a new walking trail by my sisters apartment and then made the yummy shrimp quesadillas.

Wrapping up the trip on Monday we went to a yoga class that morning, an international market where I got the cute dessert tarts that are all gone and the lovely McKay's and World Market. A trip to Chattanooga is not complete without going to World Market and McKay's. McKay's is this really cool used bookstore. You can take your old gently used books, dvd and cds and they will pay you for them. If you read or like to think that you read (I am in that phase right now) then you will be in book heaven if there is a such thing. We have a VCR still so I bought some classic movies for as little as 15 cents up to 95 cents. Then I got another Bible dictionary and a few other books from authors that I like. This store just rocks.
After that it was home to pack and load my car up. I had tons of bags and my car was loaded down.
This was such a great trip. Thank you Amy for hosting me and feeding me!!!

No comments: