Monday, February 28, 2011
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
I get Georgia Organics emails and they are having a Go Grow conference in March. Since I have no floors to mop, no clothes to wash, no counters to wipe, no tubs to scrub and no uniforms to iron I decided to go through the Go Grow conference application process because like I said have nothing to do (ha ha) and I wanted to see what farm tours were being offered and what classes I could pretend I was attending. So I got to looking at the farm tours and found Hope Grows LLC, this farm is 4 1/2 hours away from me and I hope they (and my husband) will let me come stay for a week and a half so I can learn all that they will let me. They grow vegetables, have blue berries, raise chickens, turkey's and pigs for meat. Oh, the things I could learn!
If you don't know this already I LOVE to help people and I especially LOVE to help people when it resolves around something I am highly interested in.
So have you help someone lately that you gained knowledge from?
I was out of town, Keith ate with his brother. Thank you, Kevin and Brandi for feeding him!!!
Shrimp and Sausage over Heart Shaped Pasta w/ Basil Pesto Sauce
Tuna Fish Sandwiches
We have Galatians Discussion and we are bringing the snacks
Mini Pudding Tarts (like above with crumbled granola over them)
Horchata (recipe coming this week)
Cream Cheese Salsa and Chips
Some kind of cookies, whatever I am in the mood to bake Wednesday
Venison Sloppy Joe's on homemade buns
Sunday, February 6, 2011
French Bread (I hope I can master this on my first try)
Pan Fried Talpia
Galation's Discussion (we will eat there)
Shrimp Veggie Quesadillas (minus the corn)
The last time we ate these this was enough to fill us it and I could only eat half of my quesadilla
My mouth is watering already
HM French Fries
Carrots and Celery
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
1. I love to do almost everything outdoors. From reading a book to eating dinner to picking weeds or picking up fallen tree limbs or building a fence. I love the outdoors.
2. I have a Aunt that is mentally challenged. I help my mother on a weekly basis take care of her. I help now on a monthly basis, since I don't get out and about as much.
3. I LOVE to entertain. I wish I could do it every month but everyone would get burned out and I can’t afford it.
4. I have a miniature pot-bellied pig, 6 baby chicks and 2 cats. Any suggestions for the chick names? We no longer have have the pigs :( [more to come later on that] and now we have 3 chickens and 1 cat
5. I have a great, loving husband who has a great family that I am thankful for.
6. I love my Dad and am very thankful to be his daughter.
7. I wish I could be on Dancing with the Stars.
8. I flew to Florence, Italy and back when I was 16 all by myself.
9. I DO NOT like having a one way friend, family or co-worker relationship. If I am bearing with it, it is probably because of my husband or best friend. I do not know why I wrote this...nobody likes having a one way friendship
10. My sisters birthday is the day after mine but with three years in between.
11. I worry way to much about what people feel or think about me. I am feeling more confident in who I am.
12. My fashion is not always up to par because I would rather spend my money on my house and yard.
13. I have to have presents wrapped perfect with matching ribbon. I hate it when people use bags.
14. Listening to Bob & Sheri is something I do 5 days a week for 4 hours a day. I watch GMA, Regis & Kelly and Ellen now.
15. I just started wearing makeup in January and love the way I feel and look. Thanks to those of you who helped out. You know who you are. I don't wear makeup anymore as that only lasted a few months but I do have a skin care regime that I do daily and my skin is healthier than ever so I don't need makeup.
16. I met my husband at a New Year’s Eve party at my best friend Britt & Jennifer’s house. After Keith held my hair out of the sink while I was throwing up he could not refuse me. Recently I was sick and threw up in the bathroom sink by accident and he couldn't unclog it at first because he was so grossed out. So when we meet he must have be in love.