Planes making not so straight lines in the clear blue sky,
Friday, December 31, 2010
Planes making not so straight lines in the clear blue sky,
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
This was my best trip out of the three so far. I did really good, yippee for me!!!!!!!
First off was CVS...
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups x 4 - Originally $.89, On Sale B2G1 Free, Coupon B1G1 Free, Total Price $.89
Grand Total with Taxes $ .98
Total Savings $2.67
Next it was off to Target...
- Ivory Soap x 1 - Originally Not Known, On Sale $.99, With Coupon ($2.00) $0.00, Total Due $0.00
- Olay Soap x 2 - Originally $.97, Not On Sale, With Coupon ($2.00 x 2) $0.00, Total Due $0.00
- Gillette Shave Cream x 2 - Originally $.97, Not On Sale, With Coupon ($1.00 x 2) $0.00, Total Due $0.00
- Suave Shampoo x 2 - Originally Not Known, On Sale $.84, With Coupon ($1.00 x 2) $0.00, Total Due $0.00
- Carefree Pads x 2 - Originally Not Know, On Sale $.97, With Coupon ($1.00 x 2) $0.00, Total Due $0.00
- Letter File Folder x 1, Originally $1.00, Total Due $0.00 because of the extra credits from the coupons
Total Due with Taxes $0.52
Total Savings $9.51
And last but not least we headed to Publix...
- Dishwasher Detergent x 2 - Originally $4.59, On Sale $2.99, With Coupon ($1.00 x 2) $1.99, Total Due $3.98
- Trash Bags x 1 - Originally $5.99, Not On Sale, No Coupons, Total Due $5.99
- Minute Rice x 1 - Originally $2.19, On Sale $1.89, With Coupon ($1.00 x 1) $.89, Total Due $.89
- A1 Steak Sauce x 1 - Originally Not Known, On Sale $2.15, No Coupons, Total Due $2.15
- Toothpaste x 2 - Originally $3.29, On Sale $1.67, Coupon ($1.00 x 2) $.67, Total Due $1.34
- Soup x 8 - Originally $2.29, On Sale $1.14, With Coupon ($1.00 off 4 x 2) $.89, Total Due $7.12
- Soap x 2 - Originally $2.29, On Sale $1.15, No Coupon, Total Due $2.30
- Success Rice x 2 - Originally $2.29, Not On Sale, With Coupon ($1.00 x 2) $1.29, Total Due $2.58
- Coffee Creamer (not pictured) x 1 - Originally $2.00, On Sale $1.50, With Coupon ($.55 x 1) $.95, Total Due $.95
Total Due with Taxes $28.88
Total Savings 30.33
For my Tuesday shopping I spent a total of $30.38 and saved a total of $42.51.
I would have to say I am slowly getting pretty good at this coupon thing. One thing I am bad at is throwing away coupons for things that we use because they are a different brand than we use. For example I had the Finish Dishwashing Detergent coupons two weeks ago but threw them away thinking I will never buy the tablet kind they are to expensive but lucky me was able to find them online for today's shopping trip.
So have you saved anything on a recent shopping trip? If so share about it and leave a comment.
Sunday, December 26, 2010
Saturday, December 25, 2010
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Chicken and Dumplings
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Cube Steak Sandwiches (from leftover cube steaks we had yesterday)
We will be eating at Buffalo Wild Wings for a surprise birthday party.
Jumbo Shells stuffed with Spaghetti Sauce and Cheese
w/ Garlic Bread and Garden Salad
Crock pot Baked Potato Soup
w/ cheese, chives, crumbled bacon and sour cream for toppings
I will be at my girls birthday club so Keith will eat left overs from Wednesday.
Hot Dogs, HM Onion Rings and HM Baked Beans
I am not sure yet if we have plans this night. We might so I am not going digging in the freezer to figure it out.
The picture above is of Applesauce Bread, which I have been making every week and eating a slice or two each morning. The recipe is so simple and requires a bowl and spoon to mix it up, no need to drag out the mixer. Daddy, if your reading this well, I know you probably aren't close your eyes, he is getting a few loaves for Christmas. He loves anything that is sweet and baked. Easy Peasy!!
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Below is my friend Lyndsey that came with me this year and Marie helping out with using different colored berries.
Lyndsey and the final product...
Because I am so brave I made the same thing I have in the past. A centerpiece for my IKEA table (circa September 2010).
Right after the Greens party I zoomed home to park, jump out of my car and jump in Keith's truck to go to a birthday party for a sweet little three year old, then we went to Wal-Mart and Target trying to kill two hours for the next party which was the Auburn/South Carolina SEC Championship Game. I hope your Saturday was great! This Saturday I HOPE to be able to read and/or crochet until the evening.
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
- Soy Milk x 2 - Originally $3.39, On Sale $2.50, With Coupon ($1.00 x 2) $1.50, Total Due $3.00
- Peanut Butter x 2 - Originally $ 2.85, Not On Sale, With Coupon ( $.55 x 2) $2.30, Total Due $4.60
- Frozen Veggies x 8 - Originally $1.39, On Sale $1.00, No Coupon, Total Due $8.00
- Creamer x 2 - Originally $2.00, On Sale $1.25, With Coupon ($.75 x 2) $.50, Total Due $1.00
- Biscuits x 8 - Originally $1.49, On Sale $1.00, With Coupon ($.40 x 4 and $.30 x 4) $.70 or $.60, Total Due $5.20
- Pork Steaks x 1 - Originally $5.22, On Sale $3.87, No Coupon, Total Due $3.87
Grand Total with Taxes $ 25.30
(my math is off a little from the receipt but give or take 37 cents)
Total Savings $20.31
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Saturday, December 4, 2010
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
This Sunday I needed only four items and two of each.
- Toilet Paper x 2 - Originally $8.49, On Sale $6.49, With Coupon($.50 doubled x 2) $5.49, Total Due $10.98 for the equivalent of 48 regular rolls
- Creamer x 2 - Originally $2.00, On Sale $1.25, With Coupon($1.50 x 2) -$0.25, Total Due to Me $0.50
- Cream Cheese x 2 - Originally $1.59, Not On Sale, Total Due $3.18
- Gluten Free Crackers x 2 - Originally $3.49, On Sale (B1G1) $2.50, Total Due $5.00
Grand Total with Taxes $19.76
A Savings of $12.48
I forgot to mention that when I was ready to check out, I scouted for the register that was empty and I even checked out the clerks to see if they would be sweet to me as a newbie. When it was my turn, nobody was behind me Hallelujah, I told the Tammy the clerk "Um, this is my first time using coupons and I am very nervous and if for some reason I can't use the coupons, I am sorry but I am not going to be able to get the toilet paper." She said "Oh honey, people come in here all the time with huge stacks of them you will be fine. Let me see what your coupons say." I gave them to her and the whole time all this was going on, inside I felt like I had taken some kind of drug, my heart was racing and I was very nervous. As you can see above the coupons worked. I told Tammy "Now I can get 5 items next time with coupons", you know trying to work my way up and build my confidence and she nicely said "You did good, go ahead and get all your grocery's next time".
So go check out Southern Savers and all the coupon websites. This is So So worth it! If you stay at home like me it is away to help out and as a friend says that it is his wife's "Part Time Job". Southern Savers will explain it all to you and they even do workshops, maybe there is one in your area. If the grocery stores in your area are not ones that she shares about you can still learn the concept.
Go get busy and tell me about your great savings!!!!!!!!