Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Carrot Cake and Peach Cobbler

Around the first of February I was clearing out my vegetable garden. I was getting rid of all the dead plants and mixing up all the soil getting it ready for the first plantings. When I got to an area that I had planted carrots in I found some enormous carrots.
My niece, Jamie suggested we make a carrot cake. Since I have never tried one I got this recipe from my mother-in-law.
We chopped the leaves off and shredded the carrots and Jamie mixed it all together.


It was really yummy!!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The other night I made a pan of blackberry cobbler. I had some of the topping mix left over so my mind got to thinking outside of the box.
You know those individual serving of peaches??? Well, just drain some of the juices off, dump it in a souffle dish and top it with your favorite cobbler topping. What a quick way to make a cobbler for one or two.


No comments: