Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hobbies

What are your hobbies? Mine are quilting, running, vegetable gardening, reading, kayaking, bike ridding, wood working and sewing.

Per www.dictionary.com hobby is defined as:

1. an activity or interest pursued for pleasure or relaxation and not as a main occupation

Per www.wikipedia.com it is:

is a spare-time recreational pursuit.

So why do our hobbies stress us out? I always find myself taking deep breaths. Is it because it is something that we enjoy doing but at the same time we set such high standards for ourselves that we are always striving to reach?
This is something that is on my mind as I am stressing about getting a quilt done for a family member. They are just glad to get it, they don't care when they get it so why am I stressing.
I would like to know if you stress over your hobbies no matter what they are.

No comments: