Sunday, September 25, 2011

Egg Cresent Muffins

Last Fall I hosted a Coffee Brunch.  Not many people came as the weather was wet and I live outside of town where everyone lives, oh it was during the week also.  But those that did come ate up these yummy breakfast/brunch treats that are easy to make and customize.


You will need a roll of crescent rolls.  Each crescent roll makes one Egg Crescent Muffin and I would account for each person eating two or three.  If you don't want to buy crescent rolls and would prefer a homemade dough you can use this crust recipe and cut the dough into triangles.

Yes, I seem to have my priority's mixed up when it comes to muffin pans.  I have TWO heart pans that hold six each and ONE round pan that holds six.  So if I am baking anything it is in batches of six.  I really really need to get a muffin pan that holds 12.


So you will take each crescent roll and put them into a buttered muffin hole.  Wrap that baby around and connect the ends.  It does not have to be perfect and it does not have to cover the whole hole.


 Then take one egg per crescent roll and add them to a bowl.  Add about 1/2 cup water, salt and pepper and beat them.  Then you can add whatever else is on hand.  Things like cheese, bacon bits, chives, onions, chopped mushrooms, whatever strikes your fancy.


 Then evenly fill each muffin hole with the goodness you just mixed up.

Stick it in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 45 minutes, until cooked all the way through.


Eat up and enjoy!

No comments: