Sunday, May 31, 2009

Vegetable Markers


I don't mind my family asking what is this, what is that but every week or other week makes me think that they aren't really paying attention. I am probably wrong and might not remember something they tell me so I took it as a chance to make something crafty for my beds.
I called Lowe's and Home Depot to see if I could buy the paint sticks since I needed around 50. Lowe's said they will not sell them to me but Home Depot said they were FREE to come get what I needed. So I did in three different trips and bought something every time so it didn't seem that bad. I got some lively craft paint and got busy painting. The caribbean color took five coats to cover up the writing on the sticks. After they were all paint I got a paint pen and wrote the names of my veggies that I have planted this year and veggies I plan to plant in years to come. Then I clear coated them a few times to keep them nice and pretty.
Besides the breakfast table being covered in paint sticks for a week or so I am very pleased with the way they turned out.

No comments: