Saturday, September 25, 2010

Bleached T-Shirts




Once I got a understanding of what I needed to do I found a shirt that was still a good shirt but it had a few grease stains and I dug around to find some old crosses that used to hang in our kitchen.


I headed outside and laid the shirt down flat put the cross on top and sprayed pure bleach on the shirt.


I want to let you know that you should wait about five minutes before spraying the bleach again. The process of the bleach changing the shirt color takes a little time and well I kept spraying wondering why the magic wasn’t taking place.



Ta Da...here is my finished shirt!



A few of the blogs (Frugal Village & All Because 2 People Fell In Love) that I keep up with have posted some frugal homemade Christmas present ideas. We are going to be making some of these shirts with different objects or letters on them as gifts this year. What are you going to make?


1 comment:

Jen said...

Ok... thats really cool! I love the way your shirt turned out. I'm gonna have to remember this and try it. I've been thinking about Christmas and what I will be making... here are som ideas. The birdhouse gourds, wild blackberry jam and hm bagels, We have huge heads of sunflowers we grew and dried this year I can turn those into pretty bird feeders, of course I'll do some crocheting and who knows what else.