Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Camping at West Point Lake

What seems like a month's ago we went camping to relax and fish.
We were there four days, the first we setup after church and hunted down firewood.
The second day we prepared for the scary storm that was coming that night, we put tarps up to block the wind and to keep the expected hail out of our tent. And we visited with my dad and uncle who came to visit.
The third day we spent with our friends Caleb and Cary and there two kids. Keith and Caleb went fishing ALL day and caught our dinner and Cary and I stayed back at camp and played with the cute kiddo's. They came back before dark and cleaned the fish and us girls got the potatoes cut up, the pasta salad made and the hush puppy mix mixed up. We had a great time with them.
And the last day well was spent putting everything up and taking down all the safety measures we put up for the storm.
We didn't get to relax like we normally do when we go camping but He had other plans for this trip and I think our patience was on trail.
I did cheat and take a crock-pot and cooked hamburger casserole the second day but besides that we cooked everything over the grill besides the fish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Angie,
It is so sweet of you to want to do the quilt for Lauren. If I can help in any way, let me know. I think it would be a blast if we could take a girl group to go camping. I have only sort of camped onece. If you want to hear about it, I'll tell you; if you don't want to hear about it, it I'll tell you anyway. HAHA It is neat that you have a blog. I will definitely visit you again! Rita