Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A New Daily Must



I have been wanting to drink green smoothies for awhile now but I never knew how to really make them.  Then I got an email from Blendtec for a Seasonal Green Smoothie. So I gave it a go and I love them.  The best part is that I am getting five servings of fruits and veggie in a yummy full of flavor smoothie.  It calls for a pear but I only used a pear once because it gave it a gritty flavor.  I have replaced the pear with an apple and I use the spinach/greens that we use for our everyday salad.  Keith is enjoying them also and they are now apart of my morning routine.

Seasonal Green Smoothie
Ingredients:
½ C Water
1 banana
1 orange, peeled
1 pear, quartered and cored
2 C spinach or preferred leafy greens
1 C ice cubes

Directions:
Add ingredients to FourSide jar in order listed and secure lid. Select “Whole Juice” and serve.

 Yields 28 fl oz. Servings 2.

Nutrition info per serving:
CAL 141   FAT .8 g   SatFAT 0 g   CHOL 0 mg   SODIUM 24 mg   POTASSIUM 623 MG  
 CARB 35 g   FIBER 6 g   SUGAR 14 g   PROTEIN 2 g 

1 comment:

Jen said...

That smoothie looks so pretty... I'm gonna have to try it soon. I made a blueberry smoothie tonight & posted about it, lol. Gonna have to see what I can grow in the garden for summer smoothies.