Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Making Pearsauce

Last Wednesday I got busy.  I cored and sliced this whole basket of pears.


I got the canner ready so when I was ready it would be ready.


Saved the cores for the chickens.


 Added a little cinnamon and water.


Set the crock pot on high and went to bible study.  When I came home they were nice and soft.  I cut the propane tank on got the water boiling and used a hand held immersion blender to mush them up.  Keith said that the pear sauce was a little runny compared to apple sauce so this week (Yes I am making more) I will omit the water and just add cinnamon.

I filled seven pint sized jars and left 1/2" head space and canned them in a water bath for 15 minutes.  I always add 2 extra minutes for the water to come back to a boil.  So they spent a total of 17 minutes in the water.

Directions and guidence taken from http://pickyourown.org/pearsauce.htm

No comments: